- The Site is committed to respecting the privacy of the User. The Site strives to provide a safe and secure user experience. The Site‘s Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection, usage policies and practices that apply to the Site.
- The Site may contain links to other websites over which the company has no control. The Site is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites to which the User choose to link from the Site. The Site encourages the User to review the privacy policies of those other websites so that the User can understand how they collect, use and share the User’s information.
For purposes of this document, the expression “personal data” shall bear the meaning as defined by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”, and includes “sensitive personal data” (as also defined by the PDPA).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data from service provider (content writer) who offering their services as well as from service consumers (job requestors) who are searching for those service providers. Both consumers and service provider are required to create an account to be able to access certain features of our website, such as to submit jobs, to request a proposal quote, to submit a proposal quote, and to request information.
Service Provider (Content Writer): If you are a service provider and would like to post any information about yourself, we will require you to register for a Profile account. During the Profile account registration process, we will collect your name, telephone number, email address, address, postal code, social media URL link, category of skills, a description of your services, and a headline for your profile. In addition, you may, but are not required to, provide other content or information about your business, including photographs and videos.
Service Consumer (Job Requestor): If you are a service consumer and would like to post any information about your job listing, we will require you to register for a Profile account. During the Profile account registration process, we will collect your name, telephone number, email address, address, postal code, social media URL link, category of job skills, a description of your job, and a title for your job and propose budget for the job. In addition, you may, but are not required to, provide other content or information about your business, including photographs.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Where applicable, and in relation to any personal data that may have been or may from time to time hereafter be provided by or on behalf of such provider of personal data and/or obtained independently by the company from other lawful sources (if any) in connection with a commercial transaction:
- the data provider covenants that the provider of such personal data has acknowledged, confirmed and consented to the company.
- the data provider hereby acknowledges, confirms and consents to the company collecting, recording, holding, storing, using, dealing with and otherwise processing such personal data, for any of the following purposes:
(i) for the company’s record-keeping in the ordinary course of its business;
(ii) in all matters pertaining to the contract to be entered into or entered into with the company, including without limitation
(a) for the company to communicate with the data provider.
(b) for solicitors to prepare the agreements and to communicate with the data provider.
(c) for provision of information to relevant authorities and service providers in particular (but not limited to) for the purpose of facilitating the provision of utilities and services or as otherwise required/permitted by law or the authorised utilities/service providers(d)for notification (and convening of) meetings, invoices and other documents as the law may require or permit.
(iii)to administer and give effect to the commercial transaction and the management and/or enforcement thereof, and to contact and communicate with the data provider and/or the organization and/or such other persons or companies as represented by the data provider;
(iv)to contact and provide the data provider and/or the organisation and/or such other persons or companies represented by the data provider information regarding products, services, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials (including emails, SMS or other means) and such other information as the company feels may be of interest to the data provider;
(v) to be used in, to provide and/or to improve the services of the company, analyzing consumption patterns and choices, market surveys, processing invoices and payments (including card payments and Paypal payment) and providing other services to enhance and support the relationship of the data provider and/or the organization and/or such other persons or companies represented by the data provider;
(vi) to enable the company’s compliance with its obligations under any law, rule, regulation, by-law, order, guideline, directive, policy and such other requirements in force and as amended from time to time relating to the commercial transaction and/or relating to the conduct of the business or activities of the company. The data provider, the organization and/or such other persons or companies represented by the data provider respectively referred to above further acknowledge that information given or the request made by the data provider and/or the organisation and/or such other persons or companies represented by the data provider leading to the provision of any personal data is sufficient, accurate, complete and not misleading, and that such personal data is provided voluntarily and is necessary for the purposes set out above. Where the data provider provides any personal data for or on behalf of another, the data provider covenants that he has obtained the consent of such other and that the personal data is given voluntarily, accurately and is complete; failing which the data provider shall indemnify the company against any claims from such other person. Please be informed that apart from the personal data which you have provided to us, we may also collect such date from other sources, for example, through our media launches which you may have been invited to or participation in our campaigns where you are required to provide personal data about yourself and other parties, like your family members. If you do not wish for any part of your personal data to be used by us, you will be required to notify us of this immediately.
Where personal data is requested, the data provider, the organization or such other persons or companies represented by the data provider has the option not to provide additional information requested other than the information which the company has indicated as necessary to facilitate the commercial transaction. If data provider does not complete the required fields for itself or on behalf of the organization or such other persons or companies represented by the data provider as the case may be, the company will not be able to offer the services and/or fulfill the request of data provider and/or the organization and/or such other persons or companies represented by the data provider.
In connection with the purposes above, the company is hereby permitted to disclose such personal data to the relevant authorities, the company’s successor in interest, sponsors, advertisers, solicitors, insurers, adjusters, other advisers, suppliers, contractors and/or service providers, and the company’s affiliates and partners, some of whom may be outside of Malaysia, who may undertake administrative, management and operational functions for or on behalf of the company in respect of or arising from the commercial transaction or to support sales, marketing, promotion and/or advertising efforts.
In the event of a sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or reorganisation involving the company or the assets of the company to another party, personal data may be required to be disclosed and/or transferred to the other party as part of the process of sale, disposal, acquisition, merger or reorganisation. The data provider acknowledges and covenants that the provider of such personal data has acknowledged, confirmed and consented to the company that such disclosure and transfer may occur and hereby permit the company to release the personal data to the other party and its advisers and representatives and that the other party has the provider’s consent to process such personal data.
The data provider shall notify the company in writing of any change in any personal data provided. The data provider may request in writing for access to and to request for correction of personal data in accordance with the PDPA. In the event of such request, or if the provider of such personal data has an inquiry or complaint in respect of the company’s handling of such personal data, the provider can contact the company. However, we fully reserve our right to deny you access to or to correct your personal data in for reasons permitted by the applicable law.
Please be aware that the User’s Personal Information will be available to all writers and job requester using the Site. If the company you currently work for happens to be one of the employers that are using the Site, they may see your User’s Personal Information in the database. Note that the employers and job requestor using the Site may retain a copy of your User’s Personal Information for their records. In this instance, the Site cannot be held responsible for the retention, use or privacy of the User’s Personal Information in connection with these employers and job requestor.
Access to and Modification of the User’s Personal Information
- The User may edit, update or change of the User’s Personal Information at anytime subject to the verification of the User’s identity.
- The site moderator or admin may edit, update, delete or change of the User’s Personal Information at anytime.
- The Site retains indefinitely all Users’ Personal Information collected via the Site.
Posting at Public Area of the Site
- If the User posts any of the User’s Personal Information in Public Area of the Site, such User’s Personal Information may be collected and used by others over whom the Site has no control. The Site is not responsible for the use made by third parties of information the User posts or otherwise make available in Public Area of the Site. However, the Site retains its rights to take action against the said third parties.
Notification of Amendments
- The Site may amend the Site‘s Privacy Statement from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons, or to ensure the proper and smooth operation of the Site. The amendments shall become effective and binding between parties, where upon notification of any such amendments via e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided by the User, or via announcement on the Site, the User continues to access, browse or use the Site and/or the Services.
- In the event that the User does not agree to the amendments, the User shall not continue to access, browse, and view or use the Site and/or the Services.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may from time to time be transferred to, stored, used and processed by us in places other than Malaysia. This is because some of our digital storage facilities and servers may be located in such other places.
In addition to the above, your personal data may also be transferred out of Malaysia to third parties and you hereby consent to the transfer of your personal data out of Malaysia.