Introducing Pursuit, an exciting digital/print lifestyle magazine from Focus Malaysia.
From in-depth profiles on rising entrepreneurs to latest fashion trends and the who's who in the social world, we have it all covered. There will also be stories on beauty, timepieces, travel, food and automobile; subjects that are relevant to today's contemporary audience.
Besides being a monthly lifestyle publication, we maintain a strong digital presence, with regular updates, hot topics and interactive features. We aim for a discerning clientele who are in pursuit of the finer things in life.
For any media invitation, you can contact Aqalili Azizan at email@example.com
- My primary responsibilities are to produce lifestyle articles for Pursuit issue monthly.
- I did a Social media posting on Instagram or Twitter while attending the event.
- Attend events involving beauty, food review, automobile, gadget and fashion.
- Interviewed celebrities and produced four cover story: Sarah Lian, Melissa Campbell, Fattah Amin and Amelia Henderson.
- During a work trip to Dubai, I get to meet Dubai Business bureau and hotel sales manager and executives.
- Captured own photos for articles and recorded a video to post on Pursuit YouTube channel.
- Get to learn about the production process for printing and apps.
Content Marketing Executive at JustKosme
JustKosme (justkosme.com) is a beauty community platform for Muslimahs where they can freely share what beauty products they are using and their opinions on it.
- My main responsibilities are to produced articles and videos every day in order to increases user on justkosme.com where they can share their makeup look and review on beauty products. The other platform is blog.justkosme.com which is more towards articles and e-commerce site.
- Social media in the beauty community is a must because we want to showcase all people whether it's a newbie or a professional beauty guru. Instagram, Facebook & Twitter are crucial in order to build community and sells beauty products at an affordable price.
- Monthly, we have to plan what content that we need to publish based on trend and google analytics. The contents also need to derived sales and build a beauty community at the same time.
- Last June 2018, JustKosme team were planning and handling our first event called 'Beauty Selamber Party' where beauty enthusiast and newbies are gathered under one roof. Personally, I was in charged to look for sponsorship, communicate with the place owner and purchasing all the items for the event.
- As a content marketing executive, it was our duty to create content either in articles, thread and video form.
Content Marketing Executive at Halal Navi
Asiana Tech is a Malaysian-Japanese company behind Halal Navi. We create apps passionately with attention to details and aim for extraordinary results.
- My main responsibilities are to produced articles and videos every day in order to increases download for Halal Navi apps. With the apps, the travelers can search for Halal food in 13 countries mainly in Japan.
- Managing social media such as Instagram, Facebook & Twitter are crucial in order to gain trust from people all over the world. My biggest achievement is I gain 10,000 followers on Instagram. Due to that, we received a feature that eases the process for the company (swipe up to direct the website).
- In order to upgrade and come up with new ideas for Halal Navi, I was taught to do a market research and analyzing data. So, from there I can gain ideas to increases the number of apps downloaded and bring profit as well.
- Besides the apps function to look for Halal food, there will be a plan to added more features to Halal Navi apps. That's why I'm involved in planning development, give feedback and experience first hand on the new features.
- During a work trip with Halal Navi, I get to meet the restaurant owner & Kagoshima bureau to capture own picture, record a video and share about it with Halal Navi followers.
Practical Training as Writer
mStar is one of the companies under Star Media Group Malaysia.
16 weeks of practical training, I learned news writing in Bahasa Malaysia, translation, video recording for Lensa, mStar and many more.
- On the first day until the end of practical training, I will be translating articles at least once per day, might be more. It was a training before I can go to an event and write my own articles.
- Doesn't matter it's a public holiday or not, a journalist is always on the go and I'm actually thrilled with that. From following Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) traffic unit to interviewing Datuk Lat and Para Olympic Athlete, it was an exciting practical training.
- Contact and interviewing people through a phone is actually interesting to do. Especially when I have to get people opinions on Bajet 2017 and what better way than phone interviews.
- A video is a fast and better way to grab people attention and since Lensa is still uprising, I get to taste how production, script writing, video recording in studio and outside being handled.
Intern as Writer at Wanista
Wanista is an online portal that writes about current issues, entertainment, recipes, beauty tips, fashion trend and so many more. Basically, it's a lifestyle portal!
This is the first internship that I went through during my semester break.
- Translation Articles and Press Release into Bahasa Malaysia:
Since Wanista is a Bahasa Malaysia portal, I did translation from various company that sent Press Release to the company. One of it is from H&M, Syfy, Repetto and many more.
- Social media posting: Usually, we will do media posting during the event itself. I've attend Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week 2015, Kenny Rogers, Gilette, Ageless Spa and National Cancer Society Malaysia.
- Besides doing the translation, I get to write my own articles. I've written a Do It Yourself instruction, recipes and other